About Me

Happy Go Lucky Kinda Stuff! Curious, atheist, lil-bit adventurous, lil-bit rebel, nature lover, sometimes feel like to read and travel. Writing is drug, minute observer, believe in instinct, in awesome profession/academics. Love my people and my pets and love to be surrounded by them.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Religion and Education

Stupidity or simple excess of some specific type of religious activities have increased to a great extent, in the education system. For Example:
Havan before the start of a semester
Tulsi Pujan
Keep on rolling your eyes. We are in great times! 

Wonder in a diverse society like India, is it any healthy sign? That is also at the University level? And I am not talking about some Sanskrit department.
I remember just after some days of my joining, someone invited me to "Jagran". And I was like Jagran? Sorry, I do not attend such programs. A senior colleague was standing nearby me. She knew me since my Ph.D days and informed that lady in a taunting way, "Nastic hai ye!" 

It is not about Nastic, Astik or some specific religion or traditions. But the diversity. What we are doing to that? Even in families, we are tolerant of this diversity. Are not we? Then why such stupidity, even at the higher education level? 

As per UGC Code, Conduct and Ethics, are we even supposed to do all this? 

No comments: